Sunday, May 8, 2011

Modern Trousseau: NYC Bridal Market

As I sit here this morning it's a different morning. Not like any of the others partly due to the fact that it's my First Mother's Day! I can't help but feel special to have my family and nothing would make me more happy, but to share with you this amazing dessert display we confected for Modern Trousseau. Bridal Market 2011 New York City. When Designer Callie Tein approached us to make cupcake pops and a dessert display to be showcased in their newly, beautifully styled studio I said of course! But with only one week away I knew we needed to get cracking. First things first you can make confections all day long, but it won't look half as good without dessert signage. For this project we partnered up with the Lovely Nichole Michel from Coral Pheasant Stationery + Design. I love Nichole and her work. The best part is when we collaborate we tell each other our ideas then there's a long pause (like I think she may be thinking I'm a little nuts with my deadlines) but then somehow she pulls it all together Flawlessly! Thanks Nichole for all your beautiful work it wouldn't had been the same without you!

We drew our inspiration from Modern Trousseau down to their colors, fabric, and logo. I wanted to create something that would represent them. Luxury and Glamour. We confected vanilla cupcakes with blue and white almond buttercream frosting and alternated ruffled blue and white baking cups, white fluffy marshmallows, white chocolate truffle pops dipped in coconut with a pearl border around the sticks, macaroons, and blue and white candies inside the apothecary jars. All of our confections were displayed on  1900's  vintage Westmoreland milk glass platters and our cupcake pops were showcased on our antique Fenton cake platters! Which are all available for rent. Please inquire for pricing.






Coral Pheasant created these beautiful cupcake flags in three different logos and a triangular banner to sit on top of the cupcakes that spelled out MODERN TROUSSEAU.




{Photography Credit} Lauren Gabrielle Photography

Then came the cupcake pops! We created vanilla dipped in blue and white chocolate. I put a pearl border around each stick, and wrapped them in tulle with white satin ribbon and custom made MT lables. In doing so I was able to incorporate the texture and feel of Callie's custom design wedding gowns.





We were excited to be featured on completely unveiled by Weddings Unveiled for this dessert display. Come check us out for more pictures. A special thanks for everyone who made this possible. Wishing everyone a Happy Mother's Day especially you Mom I Love You!

Love,LL

No comments: